Millewa & Murray River Tour
Full Day Tour - 8.30am til 4.00pm (approx)
Journey west of Mildura into the Millewa-Mallee region. Travel back in time learning about the changing landscapes, indigenous history, and early farming settlement. Enjoy morning tea while strolling through treasures of the past
at the Millewa pioneer settlement at the small township of Meringur.
Return to Mildura via the Murray River and the vastness of semi-arid landscapes. Visit the old Ned’s Corner station – once the largest working station in Victoria, now the largest privately run conservation property in the state.
Learn about the Murray River, its floodplain and flora and fauna. Understand how the lock Chambers and their regulators, fish ladders and other infrastructure help manage our waterways. Meander through shady red gum and black box forests
scattered along the magnificent Murray river.
Enjoy lunch under massive ancient red gums on the banks of the Australia’s longest river.
Experience areas of Aboriginal significance as we pass through landscapes dotted with scar trees,
shell middens and old campsites.
Observe kangaroos, emus and other wildlife in their natural habitat.
We can tailor a tour to suit your requirements.
- Our itineraries take the hassle out of travelling in remote areas by providing safety and comfort in our 4WD bus.
- Enjoy the vast local knowledge of our guide, Peter Kelly.
- Pick up/return from accommodation in Mildura area.
- Fresh home cooked morning/afternoon tea and or lunch is provided.
- As the bus seats 10 passengers, tours are are small and personal with excellent service.
- We can provide tours in all weather conditions.
- We guarantee and unforgettable experience.
- Depending on number, our tours can be individualised to cater for any group.
- Tours are flexible and operate with a local guided.
- Enjoy a relaxed, fun and informative day
What to Bring
• Camera • Binoculars (optional) • Sturdy shoes • Water Bottle • Sunscreen • Hat and Sunglasses
• Appropriate Clothing for all Weather Conditions